[WikiEN-l] Fair use outside of mainspace

grm_wnr grmwnr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 19:18:52 UTC 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wp_ayb.gif

Like Jimbo Wales (even though I guess he didn't put it in his userspace
personally), David Gerard and Jayjg? The text on Yelyos' page also has
to go, it's fair use as well. Yes, I'm being a dick here, but I just
want to demonstrate that this is more fundamental than it seems. If
we're going to take a radical approach, we give up a lot of the little
jokes and amenities we're used to. I'm against plastering fair use
images all over the user namespace via templates, but it's not just a
problem of "omg all these new editors have no clue about our policies
and need to be whacked over the head".

grm_wnr

P.S. Please inform me if this is deleted, I'll host it in my personal
webspace because it's darn funny.