[WikiEN-l] Proposal on userbox disagreement

Garion1000 garion1000 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:24:39 UTC 2006

On 1/4/06, Anthony DiPierro <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:

> It also seems extremely odd to me that a project with the goal of
> giving people free access to the sum of all human knowledge would
> engage in a discussion over whether or not it is appropriate for
> people to provide information about themselves on their user page.
>
> Anthony

It depends upon what information. If a userbox states that the editor is a
catholic or methodist or whatever that's ok. Although I still don't think a
userbox should be used for it. If a person states "This user supports the
Global Illegalisation of *same sex
marriage<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_sex_marriage>
*." or "this user hates George Bush" I do mind. Although I do personally
agree with one of them, and I am pro same sex marriage.

Garion