[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia and world

Nathan Russell windrunner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:14:39 UTC 2006

On 1/3/06, Antônio Carlos de Lima Mendes Júnior <cacalo_br at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Jimmy Wales,
> Why don't you make wikipedia per-to-per, so the other countries could be the
> owners of their own contents ? I don't believe in a secure and accurate
> information under the USA, and Europe servers, according with their laws and
> interests. Their Laws isn't the World law, and Wikipedia contents are World
> contents. Think about it, if you don't give us the right (under our law) to
> access world public information, so I will be very interested to make it
> possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Cacalo.

So you're aware, people from all over edit the articles (and there's
nothing stopping anyone from downloading them and starting a fork, in
your country or any other).  Also, Jimbo is not the author of even 1%
of the material in WP (I doubt he's read any significant fraction of
it either), and certainly those of use who are US or EU residents do
our best to keep the content neutral for everyone.

Maybe if you explain your concern in more detail the list can help
offer a solution?

Nathan