[WikiEN-l] Worthy admins? (was "The userbox fad")

slimvirgin at gmail.com slimvirgin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 00:23:26 UTC 2006

On 1/3/06, Ben Emmel <bratsche1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think a simple way to do this is to start having a minimum number of net
> supports. 30, perhaps. This insures that the candidate is known enough
> around Wikipedia. When the readership and editor numbers of Wikipedia
> increases, so can the net support number, in order to accurately reflect the
> population.

Please vote here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Requests_for_adminship#Proposal_on_minimum_positive_votes

> My personal policy is to only vote for a candidate if I can personally vouch
> for their editing, conflict handling, and janitorial abilities.

I used to do that, but nowadays I hardly recognize any of the names,
because they seem mostly to be people who fight vandalism rather than
making substantive edits to articles. So I'm mostly at a loss as to
how to vote and have largely given up.

Sarah