[WikiEN-l] The userbox fad

Brian brian at bhaws.com
Tue Jan 3 21:03:34 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org
[mailto:wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org]On Behalf Of slimvirgin at gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 2:40 PM
To: English Wikipedia
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] The userbox fad

The user-box issue is the first time I've seen some of them act en masse.
My point was that I'm glad we've seen it over a relatively minor issue
(though I feel bad for the targets of it), because it might prompt
some action before it gets to the point where they're dictating
policy. Just because some of the user-box editors, if I can call them
that, make few edits to the encyclopedia doesn't mean none do, or even
that most don't, obviously.

Sarah