[WikiEN-l] The userbox fad

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 18:56:42 UTC 2006

On 1/4/06, slimvirgin at gmail.com <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/3/06, Ryan Delaney <ryan.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If there's anything to be learned from this, it's that unproductive
> members
> > of the community do less harm than trying to take away their toys does.
> You
> > end up alienating a lot more people than you thought you would.
> >
> I'm not sure that's true, Ryan. They do a lot of harm, it's just
> usually less dramatic.

 They certainly do less harm than this whole ordeal has. Some people just
can't stand to have anything on Wikipedia that disagrees with their
principles, and they're willing to go to war over it. This is a great
example. The war is more damaging than the thing you're going to war over.
We all should really just call it quits on this one.

Ryan