[WikiEN-l] Ads and image licensing

Nyenyec N nyenyec at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 22:17:23 UTC 2006

Would adopting ads on Wikipedia.org change the situation around image licensing?
I'm mostly thinking of non-commercial only images, but I'd also like
to know whether it would weaken our fair use arguments.

BTW I wouldn't mind non-obtrusive ads (a'la gmail) if it means that
the servers are more responsive and the software is more featureful.

Several Mediawiki features are not developed or simply not enabled,
because the servers wouldn't be able to handle the load.

-- nyenyec