[WikiEN-l] Appeal for community support

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 09:21:37 UTC 2006

On 2/28/06, VeryVerily <veryverily at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since you *could* do it then why don't you just do it?  What it would
> > prove is that you *can* edit uncontroversially.  I would love to be
> > proved wrong on this.
> >

> Huh?  Any idiot can make a thousand uncontroversial copyedits.  What would
> you be wrong about in that case?

I'd just like to point out that "edit uncontroversially" turned into
"uncontroversial copyedits" here - two totally different things. The
vast majority of Wikipedians spend most of their time making
uncontroversial edits on subjects far more interesting and varied than
bunnies and flowers. And they don't have to just be "copyedits" (ie,
spelling and punctuation) either...

Steve