[WikiEN-l] Jimbo and his strategy

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Feb 21 14:14:16 UTC 2006

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 07:09:12 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>If you want to 'skip' someone, just do it. There's no
>need to hold an announcement about it, just to try to
>embarrass them

You've missed the point.  On usenet you silently plonk trolls because
it's attention they crave.  On Wikipedia you let people know they are
not doing themselves any favours, because you want people to
contribute and be productive members of the community.  The longer I
am around Wikipedia the more I find myself discarding replies
unsubmitted, because escalation is not the way to go.
Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG