[WikiEN-l] user pages

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:08:01 UTC 2006

On 2/9/06, Justin Cormack <justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:

> While checking out the new shiny proposed deletion, I came across
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Liberalundergrnd
>
> Whats the process for dealing with this sort of User: space
> abuse?

I recently encountered a case a bit like this.  The fellow was using
his userpage to promote his aviation museum.  Obviously a good faith
editor and one we didn't want to lose.  Improv and I handled it
together and he fixed it.  He now mentions his business (which sounds
like a really interesting place to visit) but doesn't use promotional
language and doesn't write solely about that part of his life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Check-Six

We had no problems once we had convinced him that we meant business.