[WikiEN-l] Most immature war ever? Are we embarrassed yet?

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 17:01:00 UTC 2006

On 2/7/06, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:

> The usual procedure for a controversial block is to go through normal
> channels.  A similar thing happens with speedy deletions---if I
> speedy-delete someone as non-notable and it gets undeleted by someone
> who claims otherwise, it's not appropriate to simply speedy-delete again
> without discussion.

Rubbish like this should be killed as soon as possible.  When "proper
channels" hamper us, we should drop them.  Administrators are expected
to show commonsense and not dig in their heels inappropriately over
the great god Process.

On blocks, I've always believed in subjecting my blocks to review.  I
perform the block and write it up on Administrators' Noticeboard.  In
my experience it makes for firmer blocks, far less likely to be
challenged.  One or two reviews of this kind have resulted in blocks
being extended as administrators pieced together more incriminating
information suggesting a long term career of abuse, which was not
immediately apparent to me or any of the previous blocking admins.
--~~~~