[WikiEN-l] blocked username

David Altmayer thejesusgod at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 19:03:03 UTC 2006

To Whom it May Concern:

My usename has been blocked, and I believe that it is not in violation of
the WP:Username policy.

The originator of the block, Karmafist, tells me that he believes that it is
in violation according to this rule:

     2. any other names that may be seen as potentially offensive, or
endorsing or opposing the politics, policies or beliefs of a public figure.

I belive that "any name that may be seen as potentially offensive" is
all-encompassing, as even the username for the originator of the block could
definitely be seen as "potentially offensive," as I am sure many other
usernames could be.  My username is also not "endorsing or opposing the
politics, policies or beliefs of a public figure."  I'm not using the
username "Jesussucksballs" or "Jesusisgreat" or anything like that.  I am
using a hnadle that I have used online for almost 10 years with no problems
until I came here.

Thank you in advance for reviewing this case, and please get back to me to
let me know your thoughts.  I would love to make contributions to Wikipedia,
and I love the idea of an online data source that is ediatble to anyone, and
thus kept very unbiased.
--
David H. Altmayer