[WikiEN-l] Comparison with other wikis

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:18:02 UTC 2006

On 2/7/06, Steve Bennett <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Until now Jimbo has had to step in whenever
> >people (especially cabal members) need to be told to cool off. He
> >shouldn't have to. Jimbo's role is being the face of the foundation and
> >being the last court of appeal. He has to handle all the Wikimedia
> >projects -- he shouldn't be spending his time tackling problems on the
> >English Wikipedia.
>
> Agree. I suspect the only issue is getting people to trust the
> authority and good sense of other people. They *must* be appointed
> directly by Jimbo for that to happen, I think.
>
> Steve

Didn't work with Kelly Martin. In practice it is those who have been
directly elected by the community who hold the strongest position.
Jimbo apointees have the problem that they instantly pick up oposition
in the form of people wanting to blame "the cabal" for things. Elected
people have the advantage that when under pressure they can show that
community supported them. Apointees can't.

--
geni