[WikiEN-l] WP:NPOV and images (possible policy update)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 22:51:09 UTC 2006

On 27/08/06, Stephen Streater <sbstreater at mac.com> wrote:

> I agree the main NPOV article is the best place to start (though I
> couldn't resist the temptation to fix a couple of things anyway).
> Otherwise we'll need separate sections for NPOV in animations,
> diagrams, photographs, videos, B/W film, ...

And it'll need regular pruning per [[m:instruction creep]] - it's a
very bad place to blur the distinction between the policy and the
guidelines on implementing that policy. The policy is simple and hard
to argue, but some people unfortunately appear to consider they can
weasel past it if they add enough rubbish to the guidelines. Not that
I've seen it repeatedly.

- d.