[WikiEN-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Fri Apr 21 03:18:29 UTC 2006

G'day Kelly,

> On 4/20/06, Matt R <matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
 >
>>Yet, equally, that does not excuse the indefinite blocking of a Wikipedian in
>>good-standing.
>
> Except he wasn't an Wikipedian in good standing; he had attempted to
> start a wheel war.

A little while back someone on IRC told me that if an admin did
something outside policy, they should no longer be considered a
Wikipedian in good standing, but rather a vandal, and that an admin
should be able to revert them 'til doomsday without feeling any guilt.

I think he was commenting on the rash of userbox deletions in
December/January, but I could be wrong.

We shouldn't twist our definitions until good admins become bad
Wikipedians ... there's no telling what we might be saying to one
another without knowing.  A Wikipedia in which my mate on IRC isn't
talking crap would be a grim Wikipedia indeed.

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"