[WikiEN-l] Wheel culture (was:Indefinite block and desysopping...)

slimvirgin at gmail.com slimvirgin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 21:41:53 UTC 2006

On 4/20/06, Ben Lowe <ben.lowe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I still haven't heard a reason why admins
> shouldn't revert admin actions "at all" except that it's wheel-warring,
> which is a rather circular answer (fitting, I suppose for a wheel).

Because we elect admins we feel we can trust to use good judgment and
be responsible. When someone's been an active admin for a while, they
develop instincts about how to act in certain situations, and they
tend to be very familar with policy and how it works de jure and de
facto, and the admin community should trust and respect that
experience. That doesn't mean don't question it. It means don't undo
it, unless an unambiguous error has been made.

Sarah