[WikiEN-l] Wheel culture (was:Indefinite block and desysopping...)

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 21:40:40 UTC 2006

On 4/20/06, Ben Lowe <ben.lowe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I still haven't heard a reason why admins shouldn't revert admin actions "at all" except
> that it's wheel-warring, which is a rather circular answer (fitting, I suppose for a wheel).  So
> I suppose my response to "We shouldn't be undoing each other's admin actions
> at all" is that we also shouldn't be making any mistakes at all.  But it
> happens, and so should be able to unhappen.

My preferred policy change would not be 'we shouldn't ever undo admin
actions' but rather 'we shouldn't undo admin actions instantly and
without discussion'.

Very few things are so, so critical that there isn't time to discuss.

Yes, admins make mistakes - we all do.  It's not undoing admin actions
that's bad, it's the culture of instant, jump-to-conclusions reverting
that is.

-Matt