[WikiEN-l] wikitruth.info (Slashdot story)

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 21:35:34 UTC 2006

> Notice that WikiTruth is reprinting an attack article written about my
> little girl, and then ask yourself if this is good faith criticism or
> trollng.

In fairness, they deleted that particular page.

# (Deletion log); 07:01 . . Nibbler (Talk) (deleted "Uncensored:Kira
Wales": Our apologies to Jimbo and his Family.)

The tone on the site is rather juvenile, I wouldn't take it too
seriously. They might actually be cooperative in cases of real legal
trouble, and at least there's human beings looking at the content they
copy. The same cannot be said about hundreds of outdated mirrors in
many different countries. Given that it typically takes significant
time for potentially libelous information to be removed, it is highly
likely that it replicates before that happens.

I do not think there's anything that can be done about this. Our legal
strategy needs to take it into account.

As for wikitruth.info, the wisest thing to do is probably to ignore
them, at least for now.

Erik