[WikiEN-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Conrad Dunkerson conrad.dunkerson at worldnet.att.net
Thu Apr 20 20:40:30 UTC 2006

* Fred Bauder wrote:

> taking the bait. It is just not good practice to reverse another
> administrator's actions. That needs to be part of our culture, not
> some wishy-washy notion that it is OK to wheel war when the other
> administrator is "wrong".

Umm... where do you suppose the "wishy washy notion that it is OK to wheel
war when the other administrator is 'wrong'" COMES from?

There was an arbitration case on wheel warring not so long ago where the
set of administrators who were adjudged 'wrong' were reprimanded or
de-sysoped while the set of administrators who were adjudged 'right' were
not... regardless of the degree to which each individual had engaged in
'wheel warring'. One admin was even PRAISED for 'wheel warring'.

If you really want to make the case that wheel-warring is ALWAYS wrong
then it needs to be treated that way. Not as a cudgel for use only against
'those with whom we disagree'.