[WikiEN-l] In praise of the tech people

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 13:29:33 UTC 2006

On 4/11/06, Neil Harris <neil at tonal.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> Each of these WP "competitors" is run by an organization with a
> multi-billion-dollar annual turnover.
>
> I'm sure that the current engineering team could achieve similar levels
> of reliability, given access to an IT budget similar to those available
> to these companies.

I'm not sure if you were agreeing with me or disagreeing with me. My
point was simply that WP reliability is "very good", and if you
consider their budget, "outstanding". It is not, quite obviously, as
reliable as other top 20 websites, for the simple fact that they have
money to burn that we could only dream of.

Steve