[WikiEN-l] LS Studio and pro-pedophilia pov

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 15:04:44 UTC 2006

On 4/6/06, Phil Boswell <phil.boswell at gmail.com> wrote:

> [[LS Studio]] is an article about a porn studio which was closed down. It
> appears to be well-referenced, and only the most obtuse POV-pusher would
> manage to convince themselves after reading all the comments attached to
> those references that the cited stories might be about some other
> incident.

After looking at this article, I had no problem with the way it is written.
But as some editors are
rather persuasively arguing on the talk page, just about nothing in the
article is verified or even
verifiable -- for example, much of the article discussion on the content of
the child porn produced
would require a reader to obtain child pornography to verify. There are no
third-party references in
the article so whoever wrote that stuff into it could have been making it
all up and there is no way
for us to know.

This is a kind of weird verifiability case. We don't say "God exists" in
Wikipedia because such a
statement couldn't be verified. But the statements in [[LS Studio]] could be
verified if someone got
their hands on an FBI report on the organization or somesuch. Since no one
has yet, nothing in
the article is verifiable... so do we delete it?

Ryan