[WikiEN-l] Re: Webcomics/Deletion again

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Mon Oct 31 19:33:18 UTC 2005

G'day Jayjg,
>> From: Sean Barrett <sean at epoptic.org>
>> Mark Gallagher stated for the record:
>> > I know the hyperbole on this list comes thick and fast most of the
>> time,
>> > but when readers start to seriously wish they could tag as {{nonsense}}
>> > entire paragraphs of one's emails, it's time to think a little before
>> > spewing crap.
>>
>> When a system is so destructively broken that numerous members of the
>> community realize that it is impossible to repair and begin calling for
>> its complete abolition (and use apt phrases such as "dynamite enema"),
>> it is time for that system's defenders to question their fanaticism.
>
> The hyperbole regarding AFD's "brokenness", including terms like
> "fanaticism" applied to its supporters, is not a strong argument that it
> is actually broken.

Hey, now.  I never said I was a supporter!  Which just makes it worse,
really, doesn't it?

The mailing list and AfD seem to mirror each other in many ways.  On the
one hand, AfDers don't pat each other on the back and talk about how
they're the only ones who realise the truth about those nasty
inclusionists.  On the other, bile-spewing inclusionists on this list
aren't deleting others' hard work.

Who deserves to be hated more?  Well, if any of y'all reading this are
wondering if that's what I'm getting at, it's time to step back a little
and have a cup of tea or something.

Cheers,

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.