[WikiEN-l] Re: Webcomics/Deletion again

Daniel P. B. Smith dpbsmith at verizon.net
Sun Oct 30 16:23:20 UTC 2005

> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Re: Webcomics/Deletion again
> Mark Gallagher stated for the record:

> When a system is so destructively broken that numerous members of the
> community realize that it is impossible to repair and begin calling
> for
> its complete abolition (and use apt phrases such as "dynamite enema"),
> it is time for that system's defenders to question their fanaticism.

"Numerous" members of the community have been calling for the
abolition of VfD, using intemperate rhetoric, for _at least_ two
years. It's not new.

For some literally inflammatory rhetoric see http://en.wikipedia.org/
wiki/User:GRider, posted a year ago.  I think that's stronger than
"dynamite enema."

I don't see any evidence that it's intensifying. There has been a
constant debate between significantly differing visions of Wikipedia
for as long as I've been paying attention.

Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith at verizon.net
"Elinor Goulding Smith's Great Big Messy Book" is now back in print!
Sample chapter at http://world.std.com/~dpbsmith/messy.html
Buy it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1403314063/