[WikiEN-l] Page freezing on "good" articles

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 01:26:24 UTC 2005

Sure, but I'm not arguing for permanence. I'm saying, make it so that
people have to discuss changes first. That's all. Which is
considerably less barriers than EB puts up to editing their articles.

And if an article is, at some point, thought to require some extensive
editing, then unfreeze it. Simple as that.

Anyway, it's just an idea I thought I would throw out, see if anything
interesting stirred up out of it. So far I'm not convinced of the
arguments against it, which seem to be based on the idea that all
edits to all articles lead them to better places than they currently
are. I think experience tells us this is not true and that without a
team of dedicated editors knowledgeable about that particular article,
articles stagnate in unpleasant and unreliable ways. I haven't seen a
solid suggestion to stop this, though (I'm still unsure how an article
rating system would really work to end this effect).

FF