[WikiEN-l] Re: Can you trust Wikipedia?

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 29 01:45:40 UTC 2005

Alphax wrote:

>Daniel P. B. Smith wrote:
>

>>On a trustworthiness scale of 0 to 10, I'd pesonally score the  Register
>>as 3, the Guardian as 9.5.
>>
>>And Slashdot as 2, Drudge as 4, and Wikipedia as, um, about a 7?
>>

>I'd actually give Wikipedia an 8-8.5 on trustworthiness. Writing quality
>is another thing entirely.

It would be foolish in the extreme to try and rate Wikipedia as a whole,
since unlike these other places it lacks anything like a uniform
editorial hand. Rating individual articles makes sense, and I suppose
you could generate various averages as approximations, but this only
goes so far.

(as we await the debut of an article rating feature)

--Michael Snow