[WikiEN-l] How do I respond to the right thread, when I'm receiving digests?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:03:14 UTC 2005

Christopher Maloney wrote:

>I configured myself to receive the message digests -- there's way too
>much volume on this list for anything else.  I want to respond to a
>particular thread, though, and can't see how to do it easily.  Is it
>just a matter of copying the subject line?  Actually, I'm pretty sure
>it's not, because I see several cases of duplicate subjects which are
>separate threads.

You'd need to cut'n'paste the References: or In-Reply-To: header from
the original messages, and those won't be in the digest. I'd just
cut'n'paste the Subject: line and put a Re: in front of it as
appropriate.

(Those who notice my appalling threadbreaking of late will be
unsurprised to know I am in fact doing this myself, reading the
messages from the web archive ;-)

Perhaps it works better from the gmane.org version of the list.
Actually, I should look into that one myself.

- d.