[WikiEN-l] Guardian article about Wikipedia

Christopher Larberg christopherlarberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 22:58:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 16:14 +0100, Martin Richards wrote:
> That article is vaguely interesting, but the fact they have an ex
> E-Britannica guy commenting on our encyclopedia article says a lot about
> what they wanted to hear.

I'd have to agree there. Not to say that any of the criticisms in the
article are invalid, but overall, it takes a negative tone. The title
is, after all, "Can you trust Wikipedia?" and it begins by stating, "The
founder of the online encyclopedia written and edited by its users has
admitted some of its entries are 'a horrific embarrassment.'" Not
exactly a flattering introduction.

On a semi-related note, is there something mailman can do to alleviate
mailers that break threads? I'm using Evolution, and this topic has
broken into at least four separate independent threads.
--
Christopher Larberg ([[w:en:User:Slowking Man]])