[WikiEN-l] Guardian article about Wikipedia

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:24:41 UTC 2005

Martin Richards wrote:
>From: <slimvirgin at gmail.com>

>> http://technology.guardian.co.uk/opinion/story/0,16541,1599325,00.html

>That article is vaguely interesting, but the fact they have an ex
>E-Britannica guy commenting on our encyclopedia article says a lot about
>what they wanted to hear.

The Guardian Online really, really loves Wikipedia because the
managing editor of the online edition really, really loves Wikipedia
(so I was told at a job interview there a few months ago, when the
interviewer noticed "Wikipedia" in my interests ;-).

That said, I find it hard to consider the above unfair. It's the
real-world acid test and mostly rings true to me.

- d.