[WikiEN-l] Quality vs. consensus (was: Meanwhile, AfD grinds on)

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 21:58:08 UTC 2005

> Maintaining deletion discussions actively open after something is
> deleted would probably have the counter-intuitive result that fewer
> would be undeleted.  At the very least, the heat would be reduced.
>
> Ec

I'm not so sure about that. Wouldn't it just attract people unhappy
with the result piling up votes and requesting a recount of the
original result? Having stuff undeleted isn't a bad thing, as long as
there's a proper reason behind overruling the original AFD debate (new
info, faulty closure, or lots of blanket votes).