[WikiEN-l] The Trollslayer's Guide to the Wiki

Mattwolf Binder matt_binder at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 04:38:45 UTC 2005

You are reading a letter sent out by the happiest wikipedian you've ever
seen.

For those familiar with me, or with Wiki brah, you'll know recently enough
an RfC was filed against me. 55 to 70 people have supported me, but Wiki
brah and Shelburne Kismaayo were against me.

Essjay first noticed that Shelburne was being extremely similar to
Rainbowwarrior1977. Diffs of Shelly lately include:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Redwolf24&diff=prev&oldid=25705687

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Gmaxwell&diff=prev&oldid=25709237
(Suspicious because like a week ago Gmaxwell asked to email
Rainbowwarrior1977 at his talk page)

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Essjay&diff=prev&oldid=25706104

Anyways, So I pulled out Brion from the IRC room, and we convinced him to do
a sockpuppet check.

Bottom line: Wiki brah, Rainbowwarrior1977, and Shelburne Kismaayo are the
same person.

I have never been so happy. People posted that we were abusing Wiki brah who
was likely autistic. Nope, just a troll. Furthermore, he's NOT EVEN
BRAZILIAN! He's from... Florida.

Also, Essjay and I got an arbitrator or three to support the block.

Ah, vindication.

Nothing like trollslaying with your best friend.

Cheers Wikipedia.

-Red