[WikiEN-l] Re: VFU is utterly beyond hope

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 21:52:51 UTC 2005

>From my talk page:

== [[Albert M. Wolters]] Talk page ==

Just curious: why wasn't [[Talk:Albert M. Wolters]] undeleted in
addition to undeleting the article?  Is the discussion there now
irrelevant? --[[User:Tabor|Tabor]] 19:41, 16 October 2005 (UTC)

Actually I'd no idea that it had been deleted. I don't think it's
normal practice to delete talk pages, except for mischievous pages.
I'll undelete it and merge in my comment. --[[User:Tony Sidaway|Tony
21:12, 16 October 2005 (UTC)

:That's my fault, I deleted the talk page when I deleted the article
per AfD. In hindsight it was a mistake - indeed deleting the article
was probably a mistake since the AfD consensus was illogical. Tony, I
do think we need a mechanism to review bad AfD decisions (like this
one) and not just the process. But, for the record, I'm a little
uncomfortable with you unilaterally restoring this - are you now the
last court of appeal in any process! [[User:Doc glasgow|Doc]] [[User
talk:Doc glasgow|(?)]] 21:27, 16 October 2005 (UTC)

Thanks, Doc.  I know it's uncomfortable, but IAR is like that.  A
corollary of IAR is that I'm putting my reputation on the line.  If
this article is deleted I personally will not undelete again, but I
rely on others who think the article is a worthwhile one to undelete
it. I am pretty sure we can ensure that way that there is a clear lack
of consensus to delete. Deletion policy has this: ''if in doubt, don't
delete''.  Honestly we should not be deleting good stuff, because it's
a stupid thing to do. --[[User:Tony Sidaway|Tony Sidaway]][[User
2005 (UTC)