[WikiEN-l] Meanwhile, AfD grinds on

Keith Old keithold at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 03:03:25 UTC 2005

Our Criteria for Speedy Deletion guidelines state that one of the reasons
for speedy deletion is that the article in question is

   1. A substantially identical copy, by any title, of a page that was
   deleted according to the deletion
policy<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_policy>.
   Note that:
   2. Administrators faced with a recreation of previously speedily
   deleted content must determine that it did in fact meet a criterion for
   speedy deletion and had been appropriately deleted before they delete it
   again; and,

   - This does not apply to content in userspace or to content undeleted
   according to the undeletion
policy<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Undeletion_policy>.

In other words, an article rewritten to establish notability under the
criteria for Web Comics shouldn't be speedy deleted.