[WikiEN-l] Re: Wikipedia and autism

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 10:16:59 UTC 2005

On 10/12/05, Mark Pellegrini <mapellegrini at comcast.net> wrote:
> I think it's a dangerous and foolhardy endeavor to single out autistic
> contributors for special treatement - which
> is, after all, what most of this discussion about autism entails.

Not really.  Just not gangbanging new editors in the manner that
Maoririder and Wiki brah have been.

They're obviously different in some way, we could say they're
"Martian" or "Weird" if that makes you feel better.

They've both produced good work from day one, but they were both
pillored and blocked for utterly petty reasons very early on in their
editing.

Is this the kind of community Wikipedia should be?  I thought we were
better than that, or had aspirations to be.  Why are we alienating
good editors?