[WikiEN-l] Problems with getting a wiki site running

Kurt Haselwimmer Kurt at cmr.uk.com
Tue Oct 11 13:36:07 UTC 2005

Dear All,

I've been trying to set up a mediawiki site for collaborative
scientific instrument development. I have got through the install
procedure, moved the LocalSettings.php file to the www.cmr.uk.com/wiki
directory and then followed the link suggested by web installer (listed
below) only to get the message "no input file specified".

Q - is this a bug or am I being stupid - Do I need to make some content
files before I start -  I had assumed that once wiki had been installed
I could add content purely through the wiki interface.

Any help would be very useful.

Many thanks

Kurt

Dr. Kurt Haselwimmer
Director

Cambridge Magnetic Refrigeration
Britannia House, 19-21 Godesdone Road, Cambridge, CB5 8HR
Tel +44 (0) 1223 473631  Fax +44 (0) 1223 474164
Web www.cmr.uk.com

'Cambridge Magnetic Refrigeration - the new standard'

MediaWiki 1.4.10 installation

Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation
problems.

Checking environment...
	• 	PHP 4.4.0: ok
	• 	Warning: PHP's  register_globals  option is enabled. MediaWiki will
work correctly, but this setting  increases your exposure to potential
security vulnerabilities in PHP-based  software running on your server.
You should disable it if you are able.
	• 	PHP server API is cgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
	• 	Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
	• 	PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
	• 	Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
	• 	Turck MMCache not installed, can't use object caching functions
	• 	Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be
enabled if you enable uploads.
	• 	Found GD graphics library built-in.
	• 	Installation directory:
/content/StartupHostPlus/c/m/cmr.uk.com/web/wiki
	• 	Script URI path: /php-cgi/php
	• 	MySQL error 1045: Access denied for user: 'root at cronos' (Using
password: NO)
	• 	Trying regular user...  ok.
	• 	Connected to database... 4.0.24-standard-log; enabling MySQL 4
enhancements
	• 	Database cmrukcomwiki exists
	• 	Creating tables... done.
	• 	Initializing data...
	• 	Created sysop account CMRadmin.
	• 	Initialising "MediaWiki" namespace...
Clearing message cache...Done.

Creating LocalSettings.php...

Success! Move the config/LocalSettings.php file into the parent
directory, then follow  this link to your wiki.