[WikiEN-l] How many Arbitrators should we have?

Kat Walsh mindspillage at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:18:24 UTC 2005

On 10/6/05, Ryan Delaney <ryan.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael Turley wrote:
>

> > There are a lot of current administrators that I've either voted to
> > support, or simply refused to vote oppose in their RfA that I
> > would never consider supporting in the position of an arbitrator.
> > If I'd thought that one future day they'd get handed the authority
> > to arbitrate in any way stronger than they now can (by blocking,
> > page locking, etc) it would certainly have been less "no big deal"
> > and a lot more "let's screen these people very carefully".
>
> All right, then. How would you suggest we choose them?
>
> - - Ryan

I can see something like the current Mediation Committee request
process working: a sort of unstructured request, with general
agreement from the community and no veto by the arbcom, to form a pool
of people to draw from.

I do think as some others have that not every suitable admin would be
a suitable arbitrator/magistrate/clerk -- though quite a few would.
It's a few additional skills and a more specific sort of personality
required.

-Kat
[[User:Mindspillage]]

--
"There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily
escaped the chronicler's mind."  --Douglas Adams