[WikiEN-l] Re: Re: Re: Re: Dispute resolution attempt in the Ashida Kim case

Ryan W. (Merovingian) bigwiki at earthling.net
Wed Oct 5 03:38:27 UTC 2005

Had I been aware of the vote while it was still going on, I would have voted to delete it, mostly because I find Kim to be not all that notable.  There are thousands of would-be ninja masters, all with varying degrees of authenticity.  Ashida Kim may is just another face in the crowd.

> From: Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com>
> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Re: Re: Dispute resolution attempt in the
> 	Ashida Kim	case
>
> geni wrote:
> > On 10/4/05, Ryan W. (Merovingian) <bigwiki at earthling.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm ready to get rid of the whole thing right now.
> >>

> > It has survived AFD. I doubt you would get a different desscission a
> > second time around. The article is going no where.
> >
> > The best paralell is probably [[sollog]].
>
> The difference is that Sollog was in fact notable, with newspaper
> articles and so on.
>
> In this case, I feel that many of the 'keep' votes were unfortunately
> emotional reactions to Mr. Kim's hostility and general cluelessness.
> One huge problem with the article is that virtually nothing in it is
> actually verifiable by third-party sources.  All we have is back and
> forth flamewars between "bullshido" and Ashida Kim himself.  And, let me
> be blunt here, none of them are going to win a Pulitzer Prize for clear
> communication skills.
>
> I will of course defer to the community in this matter; it is not for me
> to say what the limits of notability and verifiability are, at least not
> directly.  But I do ask that people set aside any emotional desire to
> fight Mr. Kim's insolence by forcing him to accept that we have a right
> to have an article about him.
>
> Yes, we have a right.  But, we don't care.  He and his little soi disant
> ninja friends can go off and play their miniscule mock macho games
> elsewhere.
>
> --Jimbo

----

"Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge. That's what we're doing." -Jimmy Wales, July 2004