[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 27, Issue 10

Anthony DiPierro wikispam at inbox.org
Mon Oct 3 23:33:18 UTC 2005

> Anyone have any good ideas of how better to encourage people to cite
> sources?

Move any uncited contribution to the talk page, and contact the contributor
to tell her you've done so.

Note that I'm not saying there has to be a footnote for every contribution,
but every source you use to create an article should be listed in the
==References== section. This isn't just for verifiability purposes. It's
important to document your sources in case you are ever accused of copyright
infringement or plagiarism.

And yes, I don't always follow this myself, but a) I really should, and b) I
would if someone dropped me a reminder on my talk page to do so.

--
> Michael Turley
> User:Unfocused

Anthony