[WikiEN-l] Re: Three levels

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 14:59:49 UTC 2005

On 10/3/05, Alphax <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael Turley wrote:
> >
> > I previously didn't like the idea of public article rating schemes,
> > but I was wrong to express my opposition before waiting to see what
> > would develop.  This could be a very good use indeed.
> >

> Do you think that articles which fall below a certain threshhold (eg.
> - -100) should be deleted, or just hidden? Or should the current article
> rating be displayed in big red numbers at the top of the article?

Deletion should never be an automatic process.  I've seen far too many
articles "saved" while on AfD to support that.

Further, it is the existence of "poor quality" or nonexistent articles
that gets us new editors.  If all of the articles we allow the public
to view are near perfect, few will join.

--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused