[WikiEN-l] Afd nominations

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:52:24 UTC 2005

On 10/3/05, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:

> > >When people fight for the inclusion of websites and webcomics (for
> > >example) it's more of a vanity issue. It may be verifiable and
> > >presented in an NPOV manner, but the fact they're trying to get a
> > >comic/site with a tiny audience into a general purpose encyclopedia is
> > >POV too, an attempt at promotion.
> >

> > Surely third-party verifiability takes care of this one. If someone
> > else cares to write something verifiable about it, it should get in.
> >
> My point is that far too often, it's not "someone else" doing the
> writing. Hence the use of the word vanity.

If this is true in general of non-notability deletion listings of articles
about comics, bands, schools and whatnot, it's news to me. Are you
absolutely *sure* that non-notability deletions on Wikipedia are usually
simply because the person writing the article is not a third party but is
someone associated with their production, operation or distribution? Because
that's what you seem to be saying.