[WikiEN-l] Re: Taking your eyes off the ball

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 09:17:00 UTC 2005

Michael Turley wrote:

>I had no prior interest in [[Sigurd Syr]] before contributing to the
>article on him.  What I did have an interest in, was improving
>Wikipedia, and making an apology to User:Briangotts, and he selected
>[[Sigurd Syr]] as my assignment when I offered to make a referenced,
>content contributing, good faith edit to an article of his choice.

Heh. One of my favourite articles I've mostly written is [[Gifford
Pinchot]]. Not that it's a fantastic article. But someone (I forget
who) on IRC said "hey, this needs working on. There's some reference
links on the talk page. Go for it." So I spent half an hour using the
reference links to write the article. Without having bothered to do
that, I'd never have known that the term "conservation" as applied to
forests and so forth was invented by a Republican.

- d.