[WikiEN-l] Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Taking your eyes off the ball

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 2 22:12:50 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway wrote

>I know how it works. I'm suggesting that articles of no interest to anyone
except the author (and I don't happen to think the example given comes
anywhere near qualifying for that particular condition) probably shouldn't
be FAs.

But aren't you trying to make your point, by a confusion of two senses of
'interested'?  If there wasn't the fact that people can be interested in
articles (sense 1), in the sense of appreciating the content, without being
interested (sense 2), being prepared to author them at least in part, WP
would be a different animal.  Wikipedians support those who are not simply
doing work they might have done themselves, given time. So, a single-author
article can perfectly well be suitable for FA.  (If this is not relevant to
what you were saying, in some way, perhaps this thread is straying off
topic.).

Charles