Article rescue contest (was Re: [WikiEN-l] Taking your eyes off the ball)

Kat Walsh mindspillage at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 15:42:54 UTC 2005

On 9/30/05, Mark Pellegrini <mapellegrini at comcast.net> wrote:

> I think far, far too much attention gets paid to the worst articles on
> Wikipedia - the studs, the vanity articles, the stuff of debatable
> notability (schools!!) while not nearly enough effort goes into making
> crappy articles into good ones.

> -Mark

I agree with this. And so does MacGyverMagic. So in the interests of
1) improving Wikipedia, 2) good clean fun, and 3) cutthroat
competition....

Wikipedia:Article rescue contest -- put your money where your mouth
is, and improve something that survived AfD on the idea that it could
be a good encyclopedic article if only it were cleaned up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Article_rescue_contest

...because too many articles are put on AfD, kept, and then never
touched again after their survival.

(If this sounds familiar, maybe it should; it was proposed once before
but never followed up on, but now we put an actual date in the rules,
so it's official. And yes, of course it was inspired by Danny's
contest.)

-Kat
[[User:Mindspillage]]

--
http://www.mindspillage.net *** IM: LucidWaking
"There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily