[WikiEN-l] What we need now are a few good inclusionist jerks!

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon May 30 20:53:47 UTC 2005

An example of a vanity page which is routinely deleted by unanimous vote on VFD:
"John C. Shaw is a freshman in high school in Portland, Oregon. He is
a fan of Indie music, and films. Near the end of eighth grade, he had
pneumonia, so was taken to the hospital, where they found he also had
scoliosis. He wears a brace, and will wear it for another two years.
He takes it off at concerts so that he can mosh easily."

I understand why we can't generally speedy non-trivial content, but
it's very inefficient to go through VFD for material that is just
going to be unanimously deleted.

Can't we nominate some consistent wikipedia inclusionist to allow to
delete, say, any article less than a month old or with less than two
edits, they they believe would be a unanimous delete vote on VFD?
Articles that they don't choose to delete would continue go through
the normal VFD process. If they delete something they shouldn't it can
be VFUD or speedy UD by another admin.