[WikiEN-l] Completely unwarranted block by Slimvirgin

Phil Sandifer sandifer at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 28 14:22:50 UTC 2005

You run into a problem here - David is one of the users who has the
capability to actually check whether users are sockpuppets. So when
he says you're all on the same IP, it is not speculation. It is not a
hypothesis based on similar editing patterns. It's an issue of "He
looked it up." So what you're doing has nothing to do with whether
it's likely that you're a sockpuppet - the technical evidence has
been checked.

Adding to the problem is the fact that the other people who can check
this are also on this list, have no doubt read this by now, and are
thus also aware of the situation, and thus in on the conspiracy.

So we have two hypotheses. 1) You are a sockpuppet, and are lying
about it. 2) You are not a sockpuppet, and there is a conspiracy
including DavidGerard, Tim Starling, and others to claim that you are
while citing non-existent technical evidence.

Evidence for 1: David's citation of technical evidence, the fact that
you claim Wikipedia policy has been violated whenever something
happens that you don't like, your allegations of a vast conspiracy
specifically to run you off (The latter two being behavior that, to a
tee, resembles about a dozen other trolls)

Evidence for 2: You say so.

Now. Given that, what remotely persuasive or plausible reason can you
offer for  accepting hypothesis 2?

-Snowspinner