[WikiEN-l] what to do with religious POV?

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sat May 28 12:17:31 UTC 2005

Peta Holmes (holmespeta at yahoo.com) [050528 22:03]:

> I recently blocked an account for what looked like
> link spamming. All the edits were adding a link to an
> external  website that has something to do with Branch
> Davidians vs. Koreshians and to a bunch of unrealted
> articles like poverty and sex. I now have an 32kb
> email in my inbox suggesting changes to the articles
> they're concerned with so that they are more ''NPOV''.
> I'm really not familar with anything to do with Waco
> and the mess that followed, would anyone be willing to
> take a look at the changes and get back to
> the-branch.org, or should I just unblock the account
> and let them edit in good faith and hope that the two
> groups will sort it out between themselves.

After Waco, the remaining Branch Davidians split into *two* tiny factions
who really don't like each other and fight over whatever it is that remains
of the Church. (Academics and student politicians will recognise the sort
of politics involved.) the-branch.org is one of the branches.

([[Branch Davidian]] is an article amazingly deserving of an NPOV tag. The
current version may be worth linking as an example of a lengthy article of
substance in severe need of NPOVing.)

- d.