[WikiEN-l] Complaint: Cyberderk

Adrian Midgley amidgley2 at defoam.net
Wed May 25 17:30:59 UTC 2005

Acting in contravention to the posted policy blocked my Ip address
(82.152.46.201) having interpreted an attempt to add a link from a new
page Evidence-Based-healthcare which I made and which should exist, to
the existing and arguably less well-named one called Evidence-based
_medicine as "vandalism" and pointed me at an article called Patent
Nonsense then decided my comment to him that this was silly and
correcting the link would have been more sensible (I had been called
away to actually do some of the subject material, so hadn't re-edited it
to work) was a personal attack.

Looking at his profile I see he is young, so may grow in wisdom and
tolerance, but also is very interested in wiki vandalism.

The IP address concerned shows a history of a considerable number of
edits to the wiki, available at a click AFAICS, all of which are mine
and all bar one are useful.  (I mistook a disambiguation page for an
article once, and added text - a sensible and helpful administrator
pointed this out.)

The wiki invites me to remark on this, to this list, so I am.

--
Adrian Midgley <amidgley2 at defoam.net>