[WikiEN-l] BC/AD and BCE/CE debate - a compromise proposal?

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue May 24 16:31:09 UTC 2005

I think that old Broadway musical had it about right:

"If you'd come today, you would have reached a whole nation.
 Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication."

If we have to change that to 4 BCE (Before the Christian Era), it would
mess up the lyrics.

Who cares whether it's Before Christ or Before Christian Era, anyway?

This is like the center/centre controversy, which only goes to show that
the British and the Americans are one people separated by a common
language.

Facetiously yours,

Uncle Ed

P.S. Homer's Iliad was not really written by Homer but by another blind
Greek poet of the same name.