[WikiEN-l] BC/AD and BCE/CE debate - a compromise proposal?

Alex Regh Alex.Here at gmx.net
Tue May 24 05:10:05 UTC 2005

Hi!

On Mon, 23 May 2005 23:05:24 +0100, Violet/Riga wrote:

>The BC/AD/BCE/CE debate has kicked up a bit of fuss recently,
>including revert wars and an RFAr.  In an effort to stem future
>problems I've created a vote to amend the Manual of Style to reflect
>the controversy of the use of these eras.

I just can't believe that this has spurred another vote - I mean, the whole
first proposal was a joke, trying to replace something that is arguably POV by
something that is an even worse POV. And now everybody who doesn't want to
suddenly face an absurd rule has to go through the whole BS *again*? Oh
please, don't do this to us!

Alex
--
If you don't go over the top,