[WikiEN-l] Article size consistency 32k

Andries Krugers Dagneaux andrieskd at chello.nl
Fri May 20 19:34:45 UTC 2005

I notice that lately articles on the Featured article Candidates are
often longer, sometimes almost twice, than the recommended size of 32k
and nobody complains anymore about it. Personally, I do not object to
articles that have a size <64k but I do have a problem with the
inconsistent enforcement of standards for size that are now used.
For example, some contributors oppose to an article about [[Germany]]
larger than 32k. A comparable article like the [[United States]] has a
size of 61k.
I request consistent enforcement of this recommendation or a more
lenient recommendation e.g. <64k.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Germany
 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Article_size>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Article_size