[WikiEN-l] Re: Live and Let live? Oh, really?

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 16:53:40 UTC 2005

MacGyverMagic/Mgm writes:

> Sure, not everyone has the Christian religion, but aren't
the terms BC and AD
> most commonly used amonst archeologists and historians?
We shouldn't give up
> on an accurate description of the most used terminology
in favour of neutrality
> if the world isn't neutral about it itself.

Discussing points pro- and con- on this issue should be
discussed on the appropriate project page.

However, I do find it revealing that you seem to be saying
that we should not follow NPOV "if the world isn't neutral
about itself."  That proves Steve's point.  Many people
here are essentially admitting that they will simply not
follow our NPOV policy if it upsets some of their core
beliefs, or standard conventions.

JayJG writes:
> A rather interesting parallel to the accusations that
have sometimes filled this list
> claiming that people are anti-Semitic, don't you think?

I don't quite understand why you say this, since you have
in effect agreed with this point in a great many cases.  I
have watched with interest as you have worked with many
others here - including me - against a spate of neo-Nazi
biased statements and articles.  I'm quite glad that you
recognize the problem and often so often and so hard work
to counter it!

Robert (RK)

Yahoo! Mail